I'm Super Excited to bring you a guest post from my new friend Michelle and her blog The Real Life Mom!
I am sure you will find her blog fantastic!
This is just a little taste of what you will find over there!
Stop over there and give her a shout-out for me!
My name is Michelle from The Real Life Mom. I am beyond excited to be a featured blogger over here at What Allie's Making Now! I have been following Allie for awhile now and am 100% jealous of her amazing sewing skills! I'm not going to lie....I totally wish I could sew...maybe I'll learn...one day.
Anyways, you are probably wondering why I named my blog The Real Life Mom. Well, I am a mother, wife and full time nurse. I run a very tight schedule and I believe that is what all of us "Real Life Mom's" do. We have limited time so we have to be sure to use it well. This blog is my little outlet from reality. When it comes to crafting I like it easy and I like it inexpensive! I love to share great deals that are available, how to's on things I have created and well...just life in general. I am also an aspiring photog (is that a word?) so you will see TONS of photos of....my life! I started blogging as a way to share my feelings and my ideas to help inspire others and to maybe help others find comfort in the fact that they are not alone in this crazy world! I pretend that I am entertaining in hopes to give my readers a few laughs (even if those laughs are at me :) ).
Today, I am going to introduce you to part of my homemade Christmas by showing you how I created a Dream Catcher night lite for my daughters room. We currently use a lamp in her room that acts as a night lite but the lamp will soon be replaced leaving us with no night lite. So I decided to get a little creative with a night lite since all the outlets in her room are covered by furniture. You can head here if you would like to see some of my other ideas for my daughter's 2nd Christmas. Alright, so here it goes:
- Outdoor lantern of your choice (don't worry about the color...it can be fixed!)
- Spray paint in coordinating color of room
- Pretty chandelier ornament (I found mine at Home Good's on clearance!)
- Eye Hook (from any home improvement store)
This is the pretty little ornament I found! Gorgeous right?
- To start, remove the glass panels from lantern and spray paint lantern in your choice of color. I went with pink to go with my daughter's room.
- Next, drill hole (I enlisted the help of my husband for this although it is very easy to do) at top of lantern from the inside. Make sure drill hole is just large enough to fit hook.
(Make sure blogger/your computer randomly turns photos and leaves you helpless to turn said photo back to normal...this step is vital!)
- Screw hook into the hole. I also used a little hot glue around the hook....just for good measure
- Replace glass on lantern.
- I created a loop from the fishing string connected to the ornament. I used this since it is clear so that you wouldn't notice it. Hang ornament and light/place flameless candle at the bottom. Guess what?!? You are done! I told you...I only do simple!
I love how whimsical and girly it turned out! That's why I call it a Dream Catcher....it is beautiful enough to capture all her dreams in one little place.
And I love how the paint cracked a little giving it a more vintage look.I hope you enjoyed today and hope you stop by The Real Life Mom from time to time! Happy Holidays!